With COVID-19 restrictions lifted and high rates of vaccination increasing, people are out of the house and reengaging with public spaces at an exciting pace. In fact, the majority of Americans report enjoying being out of the house these days (72%), feeling happy when they are out of the house (70%), and look forward to being out of the house (68%).
That’s according to a new report from Vistar Media and MFour, which explores the critical opportunity that out-of-home (OOH) media offers for brands to be the best part of a consumer’s day.
For brands, there’s an exciting opportunity to engage with consumers with elevated moods in these public spaces to develop positive associations. Digital OOH (DOOH) presents today as an advertising medium that engages consumers in an environment where they are energized, positive and active – “in the world”. 98% of consumers have visited a DOOH venue type in the last 30 days.
Key report findings also show that people are happy, positive, receptive... and ready to spend:
- Consumers feel more alive (69%), optimistic (60%), motivated (60%), inspired (59%), and joyful (58%) when out of the house.
- Consumers plan to spend a lot over the summer, including:
- $2,000 on Travel/Vacations
- $1,779 on Home Improvement
- $808 on Retail
- $738 on Electronics
- $592 on Entertainment & Activities
- Consumers plan to grocery shop in-store in the next 3 months (74%), as well as shop in-store for other items (65%), and dine at restaurants both indoors (61%) and outdoors (54%). Many consumers plan to go to an entertainment venue (39%), a cultural location/activity (29%), and a bar (27%).
The variety of DOOH venue types delivers versatile ways for brands to engage and reconnect with consumers while they flood the outdoors and return to their normal activities in a new, safe way – because consumers are ready to spend.
Learn how brands can capitalize on these elevated moods and planned spending habits via DOOH by downloading the report below.