How do you DOOH? For a recent contest, Vistar Media reached out to our media owner partners, asking them to show us how their screens fit into – and stand out from – the overall digital out-of-home landscape. Using the hashtags #HowDoYouDOOH and #PoweredByVistar, several media owners joined in, posting some of their favorite brand campaigns of the past year. At the end of the contest period, we reviewed every post and randomly selected a winner.
Ultimately, there were so many entries, we couldn’t feature them all! Below, you can check out a few of the most unique activations media owners shared:
1. As a part of their omnichannel Super Bowl campaign, Bud Light activated programmatic DOOH media on Lamar’s roadside billboards through the Vistar platform.
The count down to the Superbowl is on! @BudLight is reminding Kansas City fans by using programmatic technology from @VistarMedia on @LamarOOH billboards! #HowDoYouDOOH #PoweredByVistar #chiefs pic.twitter.com/oW2IDvlwG4— Lamar Advertising (@LamarOOH) January 28, 2020
2. Twitch is putting DOOH to work with this eye-catching campaign on Corner Media’s street-level digital signage!
3. Using Star Wars-inspired designs, United Airlines launched a Spanish-language campaign across Los Angeles on Lamar’s out-of-this-world screens.
Up up and far far away... @United is using @LamarOOH billboards all across the galaxy of Los Angeles, thanks to programmatic technology from @VistarMedia. #PoweredByVistar #StarWars #OOH pic.twitter.com/MiWsKd9hdu— Lamar Advertising (@LamarOOH) December 10, 2019
5. Magnum ice cream spread the word about their sweet treats with Lamar’s screens in key DMAs from coast to coast!
I scream, you scream, @LamarOOH billboards look like ice cream. #MagnumIceCream looks scrumptious using programmatic technology from @VistarMedia all across Boston, Los Angeles, New York & DC! #HowDoYouDOOH #PoweredByVistar #MagnumIceCream #OOH pic.twitter.com/HX9yuar6rt— Lamar Advertising (@LamarOOH) December 17, 2019
6. Corner Media shared a recent Theraflu campaign, which used DOOH through Vistar’s programmatic platform.
7. ESPN leveraged Vistar’s powerful programmatic technology on Lamar’s screens to announce when and where you could watch upcoming college baseball games.
8. Michelob Ultra let consumers in Jacksonville and Nashville know they could “taste the impossible” through simple messaging on Lamar’s billboards.
By leveraging the @vistarmedia platform, @michelobultra is able to use @LamarOOH billboards in Jacksonville and Nashville to reach their target audience! #HowDoYouDOOH #PoweredByVistar #MichelobULTRA #OOH pic.twitter.com/SFp6GzdJNA— Lamar Advertising (@LamarOOH) January 2, 2020
9. Dole used DOOH to display a vibrant video ad featuring their new fridge pack fruit slices on CEN Media Group’s cinema lobby screens.
10. Using Vistar’s programmatic platform with Lamar’s impactful screens, Campbell’s created another perfect pair – as good as tomato soup with grilled cheese!
M'M! M'M! @Campbells is filling @LamarOOH digital billboards with soupy goodness, thanks to the programmatic technology from @VistarMedia. #HowDoYouDOOH #PoweredByVistar #Campbells #OOH pic.twitter.com/obsOph0GNu— Lamar Advertising (@LamarOOH) January 24, 2020
We’re very excited to share that Lamar Advertising is the winner of our first #HowDoYouDOOH contest! As their reward, Lamar is taking home a $500 prize. We’d like to thank all the media owners who participated and shared how they do DOOH.
Interested in participating in another round of our #HowDoYouDOOH contest? Just DOOH it! We will continue reviewing posts for the next winner until May 1st. Good luck!